Behaviour & Exclusion Policy & Procedures
The School is an Islamic institution, it is therefore imperative that behaviour befitting a Muslim is displayed at all times.
N.B. Parents/Guardians should go through the school rules carefully with the students.
Attendance & Punctuality
- Pupils must arrive punctually to school.
- Permission must be obtained from the Headteacher / Deputy Head to be absent for any reason other than illness.
- A phone call to the school office must be made in the first instance for any absence. The school will also contact parents by phone in the mornings/afternoons to notify them that their daughter is absent.
- Medical, dental or other appointment / visit should be kept outside school hours. When an appointment has to be made during school hours, prior permission should be obtained.
- Pupils should greet each other with Assalamu’alaikum. Behaviour must be courteous at all times, and movement in school must be quiet and orderly.
- Bad and insulting language will be dealt with severely.
- Respect for teachers and all members of staff should be shown at all times; this includes administrative and supervisory staff.
- During break and lunchtimes, all girls must leave their classrooms and stay downstairs in the dining hall or playground.
- No one should loiter close to the outside fence or around the staircase during break or lunchtime.
- Name-calling, teasing or any other forms of bullying will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely.
- Chewing gum is strictly prohibited on the school premises.
- All girls must be punctual with their Salah. When unable to perform Salah, the time should be spent doing Zikr at the back of the prayer room.
- Correct uniform must be worn at all times – including journeys to and from school, or during school outings.
- The Headscarf should be worn neatly at all times.
- Jewellery and make-up must not be worn.
Personal Property and Forbidden Articles
- All personal property must be clearly marked with the name of the owner. P.E kit must not be left at school; it should be taken home for washing.
- Unrelated and irrelevant books/magazines, cameras, Ipods, mp3/4 players, electronic games, valuables, excess amount of money and playing cards should not be brought into school.
- All school property must be duly respected. In the event of loss or misuse a replacement fee will be charged. Textbooks and exercise books must not be defaced with graffiti.