Purpose of study
The topics will centre on the following:
- Pre-Islamic era (Zaman-ul-fatrah, Ayyamul-jahiliyyah)
- The Holy Prophet SAW's birth, upbringing and youth.
- Events leading up to Prophethood.
- Makkah Period
- The Migration (Al-Hijrah)
- Madinah era and battles
- Noble qualities of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
- The Khilafah-ar-Rashidah. (Period of the four Khulafa R.A.)
The aim of this subject is:
- To develop the student's understanding and knowledge of the birth and maturing of Islam as a divine religion.
- To instil within the student, an appreciation of the efforts, contributions and sacrifice of Rasullulah SAW and his Noble Companions (May Allah be pleased with them) for the sake of Islam.
- To highlight the revolutionary change brought by Islam in social morals and etiquette.
- To highlight the noble and lofty character of Rasullulah SAW in particular his efforts to establish peace among multi-faith communities.
- To develop within the child a fervour to follow the Sunnah (way of life) of the Holy Prophet Mohammed SAW in all aspects of life.